New Transformers and Repaired Equipment
Specification Writing and Review
- Develop customized specifications to obtain quotations from Transformer OEM’s and repair facilities
- Review existing transformer specifications and make recommendations to highlight non-value added/costly options or design guidelines
- Assist Client in evaluation of quotations for technical and commercial considerations
- Perform design reviews prior to manufacturing to ensure Client specification is followed and that acceptable design criteria have been employed in the electrical and mechanical design
- Review Manufacturer’s drawings and Factory test instructions to confirm compliance to Customer and Industry Standards (CSA, ANSI, IEC)
Expediting, Inspection and Electrical Test Witnessing
- Monitor Manufacturer schedule and report status to Client
- Perform winding, assembly, core building, pre-tank inspection/Test Witness in consideration for Client needs and design complexity
- Electrical test witnessing to ensure compliance to Customer and Industry Standard specifications
Located in Hamilton, Ontario Canada we are within convenient reach (< 1-hour drive) of the ABB Plant in Guelph, the Ferranti Packard VA TECH (Elin) Plant in St. Catharines, and the Toronto area. The ABB Transformer facility in Varennes, Quebec is a short flight away. We are of course able to travel to other manufacturing facilities and Customer sites throughout the world.
General Transformer knowledge and Maintenance Training Seminars at Customer Sites.
- Can provide 1/2 day, full day and 2 day customized training seminars covering design considerations and the necessary maintenance actions and Field tests
Field Test Result Review, Interpretation and Recommendation
- Review Field test results of “sick” transformers and provide interpretation and guidance.
- Oil tests
- Standard – dielectric strength, water content, power factor, etc.
- Dissolved gas in oil
- Insulation resistance (megger)
- Power/dissipation factor
- turns ratio
- Furan analysis
- Degree of Polymerization
Failure Analysis, Repair versus Replace Recommendations
- Can provide analysis based on Factory and Field test results, design review and hands on inspection to assist the Client in the economic decision making process to either replace failed/aging equipment or effect a repair.
Field Service Assistance
Along with the Services listed above, we have provided the following assistance to FieldService organizations.
- Commissioning assistance
- Field installation assistance
- Field repair and modification guidance
- Sourcing transformer related components
We are aware of the rigors of the Service Business and are able to respond on an emergency basis.